Design Size: 28 x 103 squares
1 3/4 by 5 3/4 inches on 18 ct Aida
With lace: 3 1/2 by 8 inches
1. Backstitch the verse with one strand of NN147 Copper Pennies. Backstitch the words "ONE" and "ONE GOD" with 1 strand of DMC 5279 Copper Metallic. Hint: When using metallic thread, only use a small piece - 12" or less - and only thread it through the needle a short way. The section of thread that touches the needle will wear quickly and become unusable.
2. Backstitch the vine and cross stitch the leaves (the # symbol) with two strands of NN 140 Creme de Menthe. Note: Needle Necessities is an overdyed floss with graduated shades of color. To get a graduated color effect on your vine, do not double over the thread, but use two separate strands with colors matching up. Cross each cross stitch as you go. (If using a solid DMC color equivalent then these additional instructions are unnecessary for you.)
3. Going around the book marker another time, stitch the flowers with NN 1571 Watermelon Ice. These are both Symrna Crosses and Algerian Eyelets. See mini graphs for instructions. Work thread under vine thread in back when going from one flower to another.
4. Stitch the verse attribution with Copper Pennies last.
5. Cut the fabric 8 squares away from the design on all sides. Starting at the middle bottom, zig zag lace to the front of the bookmark. (This design will also fit nicely on a prefinished bookmark available in most cross stitch craft departments.)